Fedora ATi driver performs much worse than the vanilla code

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 02:44:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Joshua C. <joshuacov at googlemail.com> wrote:
> RV730 are rather new cards and not all the features are enabled with
> the free radeon driver. 3D for R600 and R700 is still being worked on
> and maybe the driver without the patches cannot help you that much.
> but you can try. In my case (RS482) the driver from source works much
> better than the fedora version.

Thanks a lot for the help. I tried vanilla 6.10 and 6.11 drivers with
my RV730 (which I am using since it is a passive card, and fan
regulation is not functional on my RV770), and it did not improve
performance, so what I see is not a regression, and not your issue.
Sorry for the trouble.

Yes, I suppose the next thing to try on R600+ cards is the new EXA/XV
code (but I won't be able to make that work on F10).

Rémy