ularn rebuild failure

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Mar 1 08:42:29 UTC 2009

Wart wrote, at 03/01/2009 04:11 PM +9:00:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 21:41 -0800, Wart wrote:
>>> This same package built fine for F10.  Any ideas what's causing this
>>> odd
>>> behavior?
>> is config.h.SH generated during the build?  If so, perhaps you have a
>> parallel make issue.  Try building it without smp flags to verify.
>
> config.h.SH is shipped with the sources.  Sourcing config.h.SH is the
> first step in %build:
>
> %build
> # Keep track of where we are.  Some of the configuration scripts change
> # the current working directory.
> builddir=`pwd`
> . config.h.SH
> [...]
>
> --Wart

rpm creates shell scripts on %prep, %build, %install and executes the
shell scripts through /bin/sh (not /bin/bash, i.e. emulating posix mode).

Rawhide uses bash 4.0 and with bash 4.0 "source" command in posix mode
no longer searches current path. You have to specify the path more
verbosely like:
. ./config.h.SH