Rawhide mass udpate (64bit) status as of 03/02

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Mar 2 11:13:11 UTC 2009

Did the major rawhide update (was already running rawhide) last night
after most of the packages were finally updated and out to mirrors.  So
have noticed 3 things..

1 - Latest kernel oopses when trying to start gdm.  I think I see/saw
something about drm and nouveau in my logs.  An automatic oops report
was sent to kerneloops.org as well.

kernel-2.6.29-0.159.rc6.git3.fc11.x86_64 (This kernel boots)
kernel-2.6.29-0.176.rc6.git5.fc11.x86_64 (Newest kernel that oopses)

2 - This may be related to top but when viewing web pages, some of the
fonts are HUGE (sometimes they take up the whole screen) but not all.
Maybe part of using older kernel but newer other packages (not sure that
made sense LOL)?

3 - Like others mentioned, red highlights in xterm along with characters
as well when you type.  I believe even files/dir's are shown as red on
red even though profile says differently.

--
Mike Chambers
Fedora Project - Bug Zapper, Tester, User, etc..
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org