RFC: automagically set wireless regulatory domain in cfg80211

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 17:46:53 UTC 2009

On Monday, March 02 2009, John W. Linville said:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 12:06:00PM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> > > It probably can and should, but I don't see NM growing such capability
> > > in the short term.
> >
> > I do :)  Not in the next week, but it's something NM should be doing
> > quite soon.
>
> That's good news -- I didn't want to volunteer you for more work.
>
> Is this something we will see in F11?  In any case, I'm inclined to
> think an init script way to set the default still makes sense...?

An initscript to change it only makes sense if you enjoy slowing down
boot ;-)   If NetworkManager is going to support setting it, then we
should let NetworkManager set it -- if someone isn't using
NetworkManager and is using wicd or their own homegrown scripts, then
they can implement it there as well

Jeremy