Orphaning linkage

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Mar 4 06:23:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 14:46 +0100, drago01 wrote:
> I decided to orphan this package, because upstream is almost dead
> (changes are done very slowly),
> which results into more work that needs to be done by the downstream
> maintainer (like keep porting it to build with a new rb_libtorrent
> build).
>
> If someone wants to take it feel free to do so, but you will have to
> invest some time in it (currently it does not build on rawhide).

Hi, drago01 & all.

I spoke with upstream about this on their mailing list [1] and they have
told me that Linkage should be considered dead upstream for packaging
purposes. I will go ahead and retire the package then, according to the
PackageEndOfLife guidelines on the wiki.

Please yell and scream, etc. if this causes any issues or problems.
Thanks, and regards.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/linkage-devel/browse_thread/thread/c486958b0505c6f5
--