Fedora Test Day - Anaconda Storage Rewrite

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 23:42:41 UTC 2009

> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 09:16 -0800, John Reiser wrote:
> > It seems to me that the most recent boot.iso for i386 or for x86_64
> > was on 2009-02-25, which was before the new code anaconda storage code
> > got into rawhide.  There hasn't been a boot.iso in the one week since then.
> > When will boot.iso be available, so that there is something to test?
>
> Rawhide anaconda does not have any new storage code.  All that works is
> on a branch.  We haven't had i386 images due to the i386/i586 changes
> and various amounts of fallout from that.  We're working hard to get
> that going at the same time the anaconda folks are working on the
> storage rewrite.

For the test day, some kind of special image will be provided - last I
heard, we were looking at providing a known-good Rawhide tree (possibly
an old one) together with an updates.img with the updated Anaconda code.
This will be explained on the Wiki page once it's sorted out.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey