Please update your Feature Page ASAP

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:39:17 UTC 2009

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 14:56 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>>> The SSSD is listed as not having 100% completion but we noted that we
>>> fully expect to be feature-complete and testable by the Beta Freeze on
>>> March 10th. Is this insufficient?
>> You were supposed to be in a testable state by the Feature freeze, not
>> beta freeze.
>

> Please refer to the following excerpt from the FESCo meeting on January
> 23rd, 2009. I draw your attention to the the portion of the conversation
> that specifically stated that the SSSD Feature was accepted contingent
> on its testability by the *beta date*:

Looks like confusion from this excerpt and not using precise terminology
later::

(12:40:29 PM) jwb: March 10
(12:40:39 PM) jwb: that's when Beta freeze is
(12:40:45 PM) jwb: Feature freeze is a week before
(12:40:47 PM) f13: actually
(12:40:50 PM) f13: Feature freeze is March 3rd
(12:40:55 PM) jwb: i said that
(12:41:05 PM) f13: jwb: we were typing at the same time (:
(12:41:22 PM) jwb: i win. w00t

There's no talk of an exception to the feature freeze for SSSD.  If
you're familiar with how the feature process works then this can lead
you to believe that the summary about "testable by beta" is meaning
Feature Freeze.  If you're not familiar with the Feature Process, this
could lead you to believe that Beta == Beta Freeze and Feature Freeze ==
Feature Freeze.

It's up to FESCo to decide if they want to make an exception to the
feature freeze date since this is seems to be the result of an honest
mistake in communication.

-Toshio