New comps.xml group for Windows cross-compiler

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 11:54:16 UTC 2009

As per the instructions here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_and_edit_comps.xml_for_package_groups#New_groups

I would like to add a new group to comps-f11.xml for the Windows
cross-compiler feature:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Windows_cross_compiler

This has to be done before the string freeze which is in 4 days (my
apologies for lateness, I wasn't aware until now that I had to do this
before the string freeze).

My planned addition was:

  <group>
    <id>mingw32</id>
    <_name>Windows cross-compiler</_name>
    <_description>
      Support for cross-compiling programs to 32 bit Windows targets,
      testing them, and building Windows installers, all from within
      Fedora.
    </_description>
    <default>false</default>
    <uservisible>true</uservisible>
    <packagelist>

(List of packages would include compiler, mingw32-crossreport, wine,
NSIS and mingw32-nsiswrapper as "default" and the rest as "optional").

    </packagelist>
  </group>

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)