PreUpgrade

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 16:00:19 UTC 2009

> Jon Masters wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I was looking at the wiki for information on upgrading Fedora 9 to
> > Fedora 10 using preupgrade and noticed that all the docs are out of
> > date. I don't mind helping, but perhaps one of the original authors
> > would like to update the wiki with anything relevant to F10 (F11).
>
> Which pages are you referring to and what information are you looking
> for?  There is http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PreUpgrade.

That's one page. Then there's the official upgrade instructions linking
to it, but those refer to Fedora 8 too. The reason I asked was because
it might be that people shouldn't be using this tool to upgrade to F10
or F11.

I did the preupgrade anyway on my last F9 box, up to F10. The box boots,
however it is missing libraries, firefox won't start, and various other
things. I'm about to take another look. Fortunately I planned some time
to fix upgrade problems - something I'd have to do every day if that box
ran rawhide.

Jon.