FESCo Meeting Summary - 2009-03-06

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 6 23:25:35 UTC 2009

David Nielsen wrote:

> 2009/3/6 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
>

>> * Banshee as default Media player -
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BansheeAsDefaultMediaplayer
>>
>> FESCo disapproved this feature, with 4 negative votes.
>>

> I did not see this one the action list for this meeting, nor was I even
> invited to argue the case for this. I would at least have liked to know
> that my proposal was going on the chopping block before you discard it so
> I could see what to improve for a F12 proposal.

What apps are the default on a given spin is a decision which should really
be taken by the SIG maintaining the spin, in this case the GNOME/Desktop
SIG (i.e. essentially the RH Desktop Team).

I'd be really pissed off if somebody tried to decide what apps the KDE spin
should ship by writing a feature page without ever discussing it with the
KDE SIG and sending it directly to FESCo, also completely ignoring live CD
size constraints (as you did).

I think FESCo made the right decision here.

        Kevin Kofler