Heads up: Taglib-sharp bump incoming

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 04:10:47 UTC 2009

2009/3/6 David Nielsen <gnomeuser at gmail.com>:

> Den 6. mar. 2009 11.17 skrev Benjamín Valero Espinosa
> <benjavalero at gmail.com>:
>>
>> 2009/2/25 David Nielsen
>>>
>>> The new taglib-sharp package is currently being built which will provide
>>> our users with nice bugfixes and additional features. However the module
>>> version has been bumped and depending packages will need to be rebuilt. Only
>>> Beagle and Banshee should be affected.
>>
>> I hope there's soon an update of taglib-sharp in F10 so I can test new
>> versions of Banshee. Whilst, I have rebuilt the F11 version, but on
>> installing the RPM I have to uninstall Beagle :( Any commend?)
>
> I would like to see Banshee 1.4.3 moved to updates-testing soon, upstream
> only really supports the latest versions so it serves our users best to do
> this. I will bring this up in the Mono SIG and we can hopefully work out the
> best way to do this push.

We should do that -- it will close some bugs (e.g. 478474).

$ repoquery --alldeps --whatrequires taglib-sharp
taglib-sharp-devel-0:2.0.3.2-2.fc11.x86_64
taglib-sharp-devel-0:2.0.3.2-2.fc11.i586
banshee-0:1.4.2-6.fc11.i586
beagle-0:0.3.9-5.fc11.x86_64
banshee-0:1.4.2-6.fc11.x86_64

Does any Mono packager use Beagle, and can confirm that the update
does not break Beagle? In which case, we can just update taglib-sharp,
ask it to be pushed to -override, and rebuild banshee and beagle
against it.

Also, what about F-9?

Thanks,

--