fc8, fc9, fc10 rpms in Rawhide ?

John Ellson john.ellson at comcast.net
Sat Mar 7 20:19:11 UTC 2009

On 03/07/2009 02:57 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 14:37:17 -0500,
>    John Ellson<john.ellson at comcast.net>  wrote:
>

>> >  Anyway, after the recent mass rebuild I figured that everything should
>> >  now be fc11, but this is not so.
>> >  The following is a list of fc8, fc9, and fc10 src.rpms that are still in
>> >  Rawhide.
>> >
>> >  Were these missed by accident?
>>

> There were some packages that didn't rebuild. I don't know if all of them
> have been fixed yet, but probably a few are.

The list was generated from the
/pub/fedora/linux/development/source/SRPMS/  directory on the Fedora servers
today, after today's update, so no, none of these are fixed yet, unless
in the last 12 hours.

> The way to find packages that are installed, but not in the repo (at
> least with that version) is:
> package-cleanup --orphans

Thats useful, but not what I was pointing out.    The src.rpm  are on
the Fedora servers.
> Some of those may be packages whose updates are blocked by broken dependencies
> or packages with a later version than what's in the repository.

Thats possible.   Is that so?  Can someone confirm that all these are
blocked by brokenness, and that all will
be updated to fc11 before release?

Or will fc11 be like fc10 which has many src.rpm from fc6, fc7, fc8, and
fc9 ?
Is there a policy about rpms from older distros?

--
John Ellson