Heads-Up: WebKit soname bump (ABI changes); rebuilds required

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sun Mar 8 02:45:53 UTC 2009

Hi, all.

I've just committed an update to WebKit in rawhide for the recently
released WebKitGTK+ 1.1.1, which contains some ABI updates; and the
library soname has been bumped accordingly upstream:
"libwebkit-1.0.so.1" to "libwebkit-1.0.so.2". (The API has not changed;
only the binary interface is modified.)

According to repoquery, the following packages (maintainers CC-ed)
depend on WebKit and will therefore need a rebuild for this change.

* anjuta
* evolution-rss
* gimp
* kazehakase
* libproxy
* liferea
* midori
* pywebkitgtk

I will take care of Midori, and any other packages whose maintainers
would like me to bump and rebuild in their stead.

If there are any concerns or problems with rebuilding, please do not
hesitate to let me know.

Thanks, and Regards.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>