setup, fedora-release updates needed

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:29:28 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 20:35:36 Jon Masters wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I just did an update on a fresh installed system and noticed that a
> small number of packages are still in need of appropriate config file
> changes to their spec files. Especially setup and fedora-release should
> not be creating .rpmnew files on upgrade.

OK, but you need to turn the current distribution of /etc/passwd into a series
of "useradd" commands in %post, not just "nowarn" it. Otherwise any additions
to the default set of users will get lost (although now I think about it, I
don't think you've added any in a long time :o)).

Now, removing no-longer-necessary users without causing problems, is harder ...