Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 14:46:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 23:45 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> > I wish it could be Launchpad, because it's zillions of times better than
> > Bugzilla for distributions [...]
>
> I strongly disagree. Maybe I'm going to reconsider my opinion if anybody
> can tell me how to restrict the search in LP to an individual component
> or release. I already asked on several Ubuntu channels but nobody was
> able (or willing¹) to answer my question.

Actually, from a quick glance, you seem to be right - the search
interface looks terrible.

I should have been more careful in my mail. I haven't done a careful
LP / Bugzilla comparative analysis. It's more just that whenever I look
at an issue in LP, I see the things that we're *really* missing in BZ,
simply because BZ was never designed as an issue tracker for
distributions. I really wanted to look at LP as a model for those
things, not suggest that it's perfect as-is.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey