Add [fedora-student-project] keyword to Bugzilla?

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Wed Mar 11 16:56:39 UTC 2009

Mozilla has recently added a 'student-project' keyword[0] to their
bugzilla to identify bugs and RFEs that are good candidates for student
projects -- they have a moderate scope (not trivial, but doable in a
month or two), they're not release-blocking, and there is an interest in
getting them done (the community will help with questions).

I think this is a great idea, and propose we add a similar keyword to
the Fedora bugzilla (since it's also the Red Hat bugzilla, the keyword
should probably be 'fedora-student-project'). This would be useful for
schools seeking student projects[1] and helpful when putting together
summer coding ideas[2].

What does the list say?

-Chris

[0] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Education/Projects/MozillaGuidelines