Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 17:22:19 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson said the following on 03/11/2009 07:32 AM Pacific Time:
> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 03:15 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> There are still two components that are going to remain proprietary as
>> part of Canonical "secret sauce" business model but maybe can just
>> replace that for our needs and of course Launchpad will probably be
>> stuck with bzr while we need to support other SCM's as well.
>
> Yes. There are bad implementation details in Launchpad for sure. I was
> more viewing it as a good model of the things that Bugzilla really
> doesn't do well - tracking bugs across different projects, and managing
> multiple releases of a distribution (since it wasn't designed to do
> either of those).

The guided process process of filing new bugs in Launchpad is extremely
smooth and user friendly--no comparison to all the fields you have to
manually select and scroll from in bugzilla.  Before filing my bug it
also prompted me with a listing of existing bugs to see if my issue
already existed--a very useful way to catch and reduce duplicates.

I've only filed one bug at Launchpad.  It was for an upstream project
that lives there and I was given a direct URL to it by the maintainer so
maybe my experience is not representative of most.

John