Beta Release Notes

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 12 17:33:59 UTC 2009

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> John J. McDonough wrote:
>> I have opened up a wiki page for the Beta release notes.  Right now
>> this is essentially a copy of the Alpha release notes.  If you are
>> the owner of one of the major features, please review these notes
>> and update them to reflect progress since Alpha.
>>
>> These draft Beta release notes can be found at:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Beta_release_notes
>
> Any reason that the content that was updated in /Docs/Beats doesn't
> get copied there?  I updated the git info there¹ the other day, but it
> looks like I need to go edit it in the beta release notes as well.
>
> ¹ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Devel/Tools

The beats are for the general release and what is edited there may not
be important enough to highlight in the Alpha/Beta releases. Alpha and
Beta have one page release notes that are separate from this. We have a
separate process because the general beats are converted into docbook
xml, checked into cvs or git and made available for translators
following a string freeze. All this was considered too much overhead for
Alpha and Beta. Hope that helps.

Rahul