Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 13 01:59:57 UTC 2009

John Poelstra wrote:
> The guided process process of filing new bugs in Launchpad is extremely
> smooth and user friendly--no comparison to all the fields you have to
> manually select and scroll from in bugzilla.  Before filing my bug it
> also prompted me with a listing of existing bugs to see if my issue
> already existed--a very useful way to catch and reduce duplicates.

Well, KDE's Bugzilla instance has a wizard interface for filing bugs and it
also shows a list of existing bugs which it may be a duplicate of (based on
keywords in the subject).

Their customizations can be found at:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/bugs/3.2/
(I wish the RH customizations were published in a similar way. They had
promised getting them into Fedora at some point, but that never happened,
the bugzilla package now in Fedora is a plain vanilla Bugzilla maintained
by a community volunteer.)

        Kevin Kofler