F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Mar 14 23:29:54 UTC 2009

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Here's the problem as I see it.  libudev0 is in the release
> repository, but it did not get placed on the dvd image as the
> NetworkManager that came with the dvd did not depend on it. A later
> NetworkManager update does depend on it. I'm not sure why your
> scenario isn't picking up libudev0 and installing it. I'll have to do
> more local testing to try to confirm this behavior. I've never run
> into it myself, but my update habits may have prevented me from
> noticing this previously.

You added only updates and not Everything, so there's nowhere it could pick
it up from as it never got updated.

Of course, if you do add Everything, that may end up used instead of the
packages on the DVD.

Enabling updates when installing from the DVD is not officially supported
for a reason.

        Kevin Kofler