F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 17 15:58:15 UTC 2009

>  What we don't have is any sort of breadcrumb
> that would alert things like anaconda that if the user checks on the
> updates repo, that the everything repo should also be checked on.

More generally, wouldn't this kind of repository dependency be needed
for yum as well ? Like on an already installed Fedora, one could
enable the updates repository and disable the Everything repository
(thinking you only need updates and not base releases of software,
which is obviously wrong).

So, if this could be made in yum, wouldn't it also fix the issue in Anaconda ?

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin