preupgrade choices

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Mar 18 20:51:10 UTC 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:
> Oscar<Soker> wrote:
>> *PreUpgrade is an application users run on an existing Fedora 8 or
>> above installation*
>>

>> and you are running it on fedora 7 maybe that's the problem
>
> Hmm.... That's strange.  I've run it before on Fedora 7 without
> problems.  And today I did a 'yum install preupgrade' from this F7
> machine and yum found it in the repo and it installed.
>
> ????

I just successfully completed the F7 => F9 preupgrade process on this
first machine.  So preupgrade works fine on F7.  The WIKI needs changed
to say "... on an existing Fedora 7 or above installation".  You want
people to upgrade, but by saying only F8 and above you are discouraging
F7 users from upgrading.   F7 users need to know that 'preupgrade' works
fine for them as well.

Regards,
Gerry