Bugzilla and FAS accounts

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 19 10:10:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

My FAS account is bochecha. Thus, I use my FAS at fedoraproject.org email
address for Fedora related stuff.

However, on bugzilla, my account was created with the mail address
pointed by my FAS account (let's say it's bochecha at mail1.com) as I was
told this is how to do it. I had the possibility to edit statuses and
other fields in Bugzilla with this Bugzilla account.

Recently, I changed the mail address pointed by my FAS account to
bochecha at mail2.com

Someone opened a bug against one of the packages I maintain, and it
was automatically assigned to bochecha at mail2.com. However, in order to
comment and fix it, I still log in Bugzilla with my old account:
bochecha at mail1.com

Because of this, I can't even change the status of the bug to
"assigned" or "fixed".

What would be the best solution ? Change my Bugzilla account every
time I change the email pointed by my FAS account ? Couldn't the
Bugzilla account actually be the FAS account, to avoid this kind of
issues ? Am I even diagnosing this correctly ?

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin