Should bluez be in base, or split deps?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 16:55:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 14:17 +0000, psmith wrote:
> >> are you saying that packages that provide the same functionality are chosen
> >> to install by which has the shorter name?
> >>

> > yes that's how it work.
> >

> wow, that just seems so archaic!

There are actually a number of other factors that are considered and
given weight, shortest name is just one of those factors/weights that
are used to decide which package to pick.

If you have better suggestions, I'm sure the yum devs would love to hear
about it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!