Full Licence field

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 21:00:05 UTC 2009

On 03/19/2009 03:30 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> As I understand this, the issue has already been through the lawyers;
> I asked about it many months ago.  But I guess I'll let spot comment
> on that.

I think what I will say on this topic is this:

If there is not a clear rpm dependency between a subpackage (e.g.
foo-devel Requires: foo) and the package which contains the License
text, and the license text contains a requirement that it be distributed
along with all binaries, then and only then is it acceptable to
duplicate the License text in multiple subpackages, with the caveat that
it should be in the SAME location in each subpackage.

Note: The GPL/LGPL does require this.

~spot