F10 -> rawhide update failure

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Mar 21 15:30:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 15:29:20 +0100,
  nodata <lsof at nodata.co.uk> wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 21.03.2009, 09:28 -0500 schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
> > On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 23:18:13 +0100,
> >   nodata <lsof at nodata.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > and I can't do a yum localinstall
> > > rpm-libs-4.7.0-0.beta1.3.fc11.x86_64.rpm due to this:
> > > warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 signature: NOKEY, key
> > > ID d22e77f2
> > >

> > > Public key for rpm-libs-4.7.0-0.beta1.3.fc11.x86_64.rpm is not installed
> >
> > --nogpgcheck will work around that.
>
> But then I got caught again by the audit-libs arch dependencies.. ugh.

What I have done to get around conflicts with updates in some situations is
yum erase followed by yum install. As long as the list of dependencies doesn't
include anything you can't do without for the duration of the erase and
reinstall, this will solve some problems that can be hard to work around.
Sometimes I have to leave things that are part of a broken dependency
uninstalled in order to be able to update other stuff. I have a list of
stuff like this and test reinstalling them after getting a new set of
rawhide updates.