Installing rawhide failed with encrypted ext4

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Sun Mar 22 21:55:54 UTC 2009

Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> Decided to try rawhide and grabbed the boot.iso from march 21.
> Installation got to the point of formatting my partitions. The last
> action was formatting my /home which was ext4 with encryption. The
> installer crapped out but I didn't know how to copy the exception that
> it gave. I do believe the kernel seg also.
>
> Without encryption install went fine.

Can you give it another go and copy as much information as you can; a
digital camera pic can be attached to a bugzilla if need be; also check
other consoles <ctrl-alt-F1> F2, F3, etc, and you should be able to
scroll up & down to get more than fits on the screen...

Even if you can't get much info, filing a bug will still capture the
issue, and we can try to recreate it.

Thanks,

-Eric