System Config Tools Cleanup Project - tools to eliminate/replace

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:07:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.03.2009, 10:32 -0700 schrieb Jesse Keating:
>> On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 18:09 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> >
>> > If your desktop is connected to the internet via ethernet, what is the
>> > use of NetworkManager? Or if the desktop is not connected to the
>> > internet at all, what's it's use?
>>

>> Even when using Ethernet, I find it useful for initiating a VPN
>> connection when I need it, or re-initiating a connection when the vpn
>> drops for whatever reason.
>
> Agreed, but how many of our users are using VPN? 2%? 5%?
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Possibly, but why make it hard for those 2% plus those that
plug/unplug their desktop/routers., plus those with laptop, all
because some guys don't want NM tickling their kernels every minute?

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )