rawhide report: 20090325 changes

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 26 01:46:24 UTC 2009

[...]

>> The broken deps that made mapnik completely uninstallable (it had
>> "Requires: dejavu-fonts-sans") needed to be fixed quickly for the
>> f11-beta by rel-eng (because of closed ACLs).  I'm not the primary
>> maintainer of the package (who is non-responsive) and hence probably
>> not on the bugzilla tickets.

DM> If the maintainer is non-responsive then the appropriate procedure[1] should
DM> be initiated to take the package over.

That has indeed already been done and is in progress:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-March/msg01301.html

I have yet to hear back from anybody who has been able to contact this
particular maintainer.

The opening up of ACLs to provenpackager is orthogonal to this issue.
As agreed in FESCo meeting, maintainers have two weeks to file reasons
that their packages are still closed, otherwise they will be opened
up:

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/10#comment:10

Alex