another interesting idea (zfs based upgrades)

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:56:07 UTC 2009

Adam Miller wrote:
> Well now that btrfs has been mentioned ..... :)
>
> Are we planning to adopt it as default soon as upstream releases
> stable? or possibly just shoot for alternative if default would be too
> ambitious?
>
> -Adam

Unless there are *SIGNIFICANT* performance increases and/or data
security benefits
(by 'significant', I mean *at least* 3 to 4 *times* better than previous
default FS), I fail to
see the validity of making everyone to switch to a new filesystem.

So, re: btrfs being set as default... -1000
I'd prefer to stick with the Ext2/3 line until a proper DB filesystem is
released.

Lyos Gemini Norezel