A supposedly patent-free suggestion/solution to the curious subpixel rendering in Fedora

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:43:10 UTC 2009

PS.

But your reading does make one thing clear to me that I'll admit I
didn't pay attention to -- Qt does say their filter code is pretty
much the same as Freetype's (patented) one.

In that case it appears the filter in Fedora Qt is indeed
patent-infringing, but I suppose it will be remedied in the next
version.  (I mean, it definitely will, since upstream Qt 4.5 will obey
Fedora's LCD-code-disabled freetype, instead of using Qt's filter
code).