libsyncml

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 27 21:40:41 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> The KitchenSync from KDE 3 is actually an awesome GUI for opensync 0.22
> which makes it really easy to set things up - that's why the Mandriva
> instructions are based around it - but it didn't really show up until
> quite a bit later, and even then, very few people seem to know about it
> for some reason.

By the way, any efforts going into packaging that as a separate package for
F10+? Or do you want us to try building it from the kdepim3 SRPM (which
currently only builds a compatibility libkcal)?

The big issue is of course syncing with KDE 4 kdepim. There's no working
plugin for that and even if there was one, I think ld.so would go kamikaze
when trying to load KDE 4 libraries into KDE 3 KitchenSync. :-(

        Kevin Kofler