F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Mar 28 04:28:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 20:15:39 -0800,
  Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Oh please. When was the last time X wedged so the keyboard survived?
> > Your imaginary sysadmins have to powercycle anyway.
>
> Better yet, when is it not better to use SysRq keycombos and try to
> diagnose things?
> If you can get back keyboard control via SysRq, isn't it more
> beneficial to make use of SysRq instead of zapping?

Not if you are just trying to get your system to boot up. Currently I have
to restart X a couple of times on average before I get a login screen.
Eventually I shouldn't have to do that, but for now I have to live with
it.

Of course I didn't find it too hard to customize my xorg.conf file to
keep this feature working in the meantime.