Two strange issues with gnome-chemistry-utils

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 09:34:02 UTC 2009

Hello,

the first one is described in detail here:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?25927
Basically, the build works fine within mock/koji, but fails with plain
rpmbuild due to undefined references. Are there some differences when it
comes to libtool setup?

The second problem is related to rpaths:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?24262
I'm looking for the best way to disable these. The sed command described
 in the packaging guidelines makes the build process fail. I asked
upstream to add --disable-rpath, but surprisingly, it does not disable
the rpaths, which is really weird. So now I'm using chrpath, but I could
also run autoreconf (which solves the first problem as well).

Do you have any ideas how to resolve these strange problems nicely and
cleanly? Thanks in advance,

Julian