preupgrade today: getting error: cannot download the kickstart file

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sat Mar 28 17:45:43 UTC 2009

John Reiser wrote:
>>> Is something going on with the mirrors today?
>>>

> Yes.  The sync (from master to mirrors) may be in progress for F11 beta
> release next Tuesday: tens of GB per mirror.  The floodgates for rawhide
> have been opened (changes that were held back during the freeze for
> F11 beta): more hundreds of packages.  It's also a weekend, spring break
> on many academic calendars in the US, time for the final rounds of the
> US NCAA college basketball tournament, etc.  The reliability/supervision
> of mirrors might be even more erratic than usual.

terrific.  We've been trying numerous mirrors and they all appear to
have the same problem.  So I guess nobody can perform any upgrades
today.  They should not screw up every mirror while doing these mirror
updates.  Some mirrors should still be left operational and then update
them later.

Regards,
Gerry