Curent status of presto?

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 18:08:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 23:33 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> It is one of the features that has been around for a long time but
> hasn't been quite finished yet. Are we enabling it for the beta release?

Well, the good news is that the infrastructure stuff seems to have
finally been done.  I'll leave the full answer to those who are actually
working on that side.

When rpm in Rawhide started supporting rpms with sha256 file digests, it
broke deltarpm (and I didn't realize it until just before Beta freeze).
I did write a patch for deltarpm to support rpms with sha256 file
digests, but, unfortunately, it was too late to make it into F11 beta.

The latest release of Rawhide does have the fixed deltarpm in it.  If
there is going to be an official repository with deltarpms in it for
F11-Alpha -> F11-Beta, you will want to make sure you run "yum update
deltarpm" before everything else.

Jonathan