rpms/claws-mail-plugins/devel claws-mail-plugins.spec, 1.39, 1.40 sources, 1.19, 1.20 .cvsignore, 1.19, 1.20

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:05:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:30:52 +0200, Christian wrote:

> > Highly doubtful. Originally it was named Sylpheed-claws not Claws
> > Mail. This is the separate plugins pkg that has been added later, and
> > only "sylpheed-claws" can be found in Fedora Extras 3:
>
> Oh, that's right, now I remember.  But the ticket you mention is for
> the plugins, and my impression is still that Sylpheed-claws was brought
> in from fedora.us...
>
> No biggie anyway...

Yeah, the plugins, see subject line of this thread. :-)
Plus, your list of old imports shows "claws-mail" *and* "sylpheed-claws"
while only sylpheed-claws can be found in FE3. claws-mail module was
set up on 2006/12/08 says cvs log. Btw, the old 1.0.x Sylpheed-claws
version (the fork of Sylpheed) did not have any plugins.

Anyway... the Fedora Packaging Guidelines have been updated/enhanced/changed
often enough. And package maintainers may need to update packages
accordingly -- or else we would need to do official re-reviews every
few months/years. ;)