F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Mar 30 23:17:27 UTC 2009

On 2009/03/30 23:12 (GMT+0200) Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski composed:

> On Monday, 30 March 2009 at 23:06, Felix Miata wrote:

>> On 2009/03/30 15:45 (GMT-0500) Arthur Pemberton composed:

>> > You know the reset button on the machine resets the entire machine, right?

>> What planet are you from? Most modern systems have no such button, and the
>> power switch won't necessary suffice in its stead.

> Not where I live. Here all modern systems have the reset switch.

Maybe you've not seen a Dell made in the last 8 years. I've not seen one Dell
made in that period that has one. Even if there are many still made with
reset buttons, a huge number, including those from other major players like
Lenovo, Gateway and HP, have none.
--
"The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely
as haste leads to poverty."	Proverbs 21:5 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/