feedback on provenpackager and sponsor policies, please

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 31 02:11:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:01:40 +0200
Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Based on some discussions held here, but also in the closed sponsor
> list, and based on the first practical cases of provenpackager
> sponsoring, some updates have been done to the wiki.
>
> Please comment!
>
> After the comments, maybe FESCo should verify that everything is
> conform to the intended policies.

I think thats a fine idea.

> Main provenpackager description is now at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Provenpackagers

This looks good to me.

> How to sponsor a provenpackager is explained here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_sponsor_a_new_contributor#Sponsoring_provenpackagers

Not sure this belongs there, but I'm not sure I can think of a better
place. :) Since it's FESCo who sponsors provenpackagers, perhaps it
should be under a FESCo page? Or it can't hurt to be there I guess.

> And the policy regarding who is allowed to modify which package has
> been modified to take into account that provenpackagers are the one
> who can do that now
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Who_is_allowed_to_modify_which_packages

ok.

> Regarding sponsors, there has been some changes to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_sponsor_a_new_contributor#Becoming_a_Fedora_Package_Collection_Sponsor
>
> and
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_sponsor_responsibilities

Looks good... the "NOTE: the current ACL system does not allow this.
Hopefully it will be fixed." note probibly can be removed. Since
sponsors are in provenpackager they should be able to modify their
sponsorees packages now.

> Pat

kevin