Ready for new RPM version?

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Mar 3 08:30:12 UTC 2009

> Email breaking is rather unlikely.

Depends what mail client you use ;)

> How often does Rawhide really fail to boot?

It's usually not that serious, it's some other annoyance that is (yes)
normally easily fixed within an hour or less. But that's still real
actual time, and even more so, by its very nature you can't allocate
that hour in advance. Suppose you need to give a presentation this
morning but you don't know that your system is going to boot/run your X
session/run OO/and do video out today. That's just an example, and a
reason why I like the confidence of a release.

I've been using and developing on Linux systems for 14 years now. In
that time I've used almost any distribution you could name, many that no
longer even exist, and a lot of "unstable" stuff (Red
Hat/Novell/Canonical/SPI). But eventually, I got to a point where I
preferred having separate playpens for unstable stuff so that I could
choose when I wanted to poke and fix them.

Jon.