Django applications in Fedora

Dwayne Bailey dwayne at translate.org.za
Tue Mar 3 12:07:03 UTC 2009

>On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 19:13 -0500, David Malcolm wrote:
>> Perhaps mysite.settings in an RPM should be a simple python module that
>> looks in /etc/mysite.conf and gets values from there, and that file
>> should be %config(noreplace)
>>
>> Thoughts?

> Why didn't I think of that?
>
> Anyways, I'm willing to help you run with this, as I'm trying to package
> another Django app (Transifex).

I also ran into this when packaging a Django app and did the same as above.

I'm packaging Pootle by the way:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/index

It is also a translation management solution.  I'm waiting for the
Django port to stabilise before pushing it into Fedora.  Most of it is
working, if anyone wants to test the RPMs just let me know.

PS sorry if I messed the thread, I've only just got on this list.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* Google Translate + libtranslate + Virtaal = machine translation in 7 new languages
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/google-translate-libtranslate-virtaal-machine-translation-7-new-languages
* Fixes for Skype Video, Webcam on Fedora
* libtranslate, TM plugins and Virtaal

Stop Digital Apartheid! - http://www.digitalapartheid.com
Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) - http://africanlocalisation.net/