Ready for new RPM version?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 19:37:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 03:30 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:

> It's usually not that serious, it's some other annoyance that is (yes)
> normally easily fixed within an hour or less. But that's still real
> actual time, and even more so, by its very nature you can't allocate
> that hour in advance. Suppose you need to give a presentation this
> morning but you don't know that your system is going to boot/run your X
> session/run OO/and do video out today. That's just an example, and a
> reason why I like the confidence of a release.

Sure. I'm not being a fundamentalist here. As I said, obviously there
are people who need to run a stable release - some need it available
somewhere, some need it on their main system but might have Rawhide
elsewhere, some need stable on everything. I'm not saying everyone
should run Rawhide everywhere, or Rawhide should be suitable for
everyone to run everywhere (that's clearly never going to happen).
Really I'm just saying it'd be nice to have more people using Rawhide,
and to have Rawhide in a state which is conducive to this. That's all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey