Broken dependencies: gdal

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 5 08:31:11 UTC 2009

OP> I'm happy to do the bootstrap rebuild to fix this, but ACLs are closed.
>>
>> I've repeatedly requested the maintainer open up the ACLs on these
>> packages, but never received a response to my e-mails on this subject.
>> It's very frustrating.
>>
>> What is the procedure in these cases to get a maintainer to justify
>> keeping ACLs closed?  Escalate to FESCo?

JB> Does the maintainer still fix bugs and otherwise work on the package?

JB> If not, start the AWOL maintainer process.

The maintainer does work on the package, so he isn't strictly
non-responsive.  But the packages are broken sometimes for several
weeks or even up to several month the maintainer and rarely responds
to direct e-mail or bug reports (for example I, and others, have open
requests to us as co-maintainers for months now and he hasn't approved
or rejected them):

http://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/mapnik
http://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/gdal

This means that the stack of GIS-related packages he maintains remains
broken in rawhide for a long time, meaning less time for testing
before general release.  If he opened up ACLs others could step up and
fix/rebuild packages when appropriate in the interim.

The issue here is that he hasn't justified provided any justification
for closing ACLs.  I thought the idea of the mass ACL opening to
'provenpackager' was that a justification is required for keeping ACLs
closed.

Alex