cachefilesd

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 20:00:52 UTC 2009

On 03/07/2009 11:49 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> I noticed cachefilesd in the Fedora repository, but it doesn't work
> without a nonexistent cachefiles module (both in F10 and Rawhide).  Is
> there work being done to include the cachefiles module in the kernel (it
> seems to be an heir to FS-Cache)?
>
> Jonathan

The corresponding kernel bits (fscache, cachefiles) are not in the
upstream kernel mainline yet - but I see that they're currently in
linux-next through the nfs-next tree.  So they should normally show up
in mainline during the upcoming 2.6.30 merge window, after 2.6.29 is
released.

Not sure what that means for Fedora, but presumably one will have to
wait for a 2.6.30 kernel to show up.

Marc