FESCo Meeting Summary - 2009-03-06

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Mar 9 13:01:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:10:52AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> So David has stopped being a Fedora volunteer and decided to become an
> Ubuntu user instead:
>
> http://davidnielsen.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/drawing-my-own-conclusion/
>
> I seem to be in a minority, but I think this is a great shame.  We
> should treat volunteers much better.  FESCo shouldn't shoot down
> proposals without telling the owners of those proposals (no matter how
> stupid they think the proposal is, it's courteous to arrange a time
> when that person can be present and state their case).

I may be over-generalizing my own case, but I don't think that the issue
is a 'micro'-management issue. In case of long time fedora contributors
interested in a specific area, I'd conjecture that there is a more
in-depth disagreement about the place of the object of interest (here
Mono) in Fedora. The will to leave may be partly based on a specific
badly managed event, but it is likely to be a broader perspective
integrating many interactions in the Fedora community that leads to the
conclusion that it is not in Fedora that the energy is best spent
integrating a given component, here Mono.

--
Pat