Headsup: soname changing ImageMagick update coming 2 rawhide

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Mar 10 08:33:09 UTC 2009

Alex Lancaster wrote:

> HdG> Hi all,
> HdG> A bit late in the release cycle, but I delayed it to not disrupt the
> HdG> mass rebuild. I'm updating ImageMagick to 6.4.9-9
>
> HdG> Which changes the soname (and ABI) of the included libraries.
> HdG> The following packages are affected by this and will need to be rebuild
> HdG> (once the new ImageMagick is in the build repo):
>
> Why are you doing this the *day* of the freeze?  Unless you are
> prepared to rebuild all the deps yourself, this means that beta will
> probably ship with a boatload of broken deps.

I'm sorry, I was under the (mistaken) impression the freeze was still a few
days away. apologies.

> If you haven't done so already, can you please hold off until after
> the beta freeze is over?

I cannot do that (that is beyond my power), rel-eng could untag it, but as I
understand some packages have already been rebuild, so I don't know which way
is less work (untagging, or fixing the remainder). Either way my apologies for
the mess, I got the freeze date wrong, otherwise I wouldn't have done this.

Regards,

Hans