rawhide report: 20090310 changes

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:40:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Rawhide Report
<rawhide at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> anaconda-11.5.0.26-1
> --------------------
> * Mon Mar 09 2009 David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> - 11.5.0.26-1
> - Move the recursive teardown of all devices out of processActions. (dlehman)
> - Clean up handling of /proc, /sys, /dev/pts, /dev/shm entries. (dlehman)
> - Fix several minor bugs preventing upgrade/rescue mount. (#488946) (dlehman)
> - Only populate the device tree on demand. (dlehman)
> - Prune actions by device based on path, not object-id. (dlehman)
> - Rewrite action sort so it works correctly. (dlehman)
> - Do a separate disk.commit for each partition add/remove. (dlehman)
> - Fix bug keeping track of best free region/type/disk info. (dlehman)
> - Return early if doAutoPart is False, but clearpart first if kickstart.
>  (dlehman)
> - Recognize PS3 as a valid machine type (#489263). (clumens)
> - Move the mdRaidBootArches logic into the platform module. (clumens)
> - stdout and stderr may also need to be created. (clumens)
> - Fix booty for dmraid (hdegoede)
> - It's self.origrequest, not self.origreqest (#489036). (clumens)
> - Added crypto.py unittest; Updated devicelibs tests baseclass.py and lvm.py
>  (mgracik)
> - Start storage before parsing the kickstart file. (clumens)
> - Make sure autopart without any clearpart command will fail. (clumens)
> - Update storage flag on ks autopart (rvykydal)
> - Use correct storage attribute for ks clearpart (rvykydal)
> - Catch the new _ped.DiskLabelException for unrecognized disklabels.
>  (dlehman)
> - Catch all failures from making parted objects in exceptionDisks. (dlehman)
> - various dmraid fixes. (jgranado)
> - Implement the format disk question as a callback. (jgranado)
> - Add dmraid functionality to new storage code. (jgranado)
> - Do not pass None values into nonmandatory arguments, you are screwing the
>  default values.. (msivak)

Unless I missed something obvious, there are serious problems with
anaconda right now (I cannot get it to work at all on kvm or a real
machine, with the default partition layouts, or custom ones; lots of
new BZ about 11.5.0.25 and 11.5.0.26), and many changes are going on
in the storage area. Is it really going to be possible to put together
a beta using these anaconda builds ?

Rémy