PLEASE READ: provenpackager reseed

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Mar 10 16:55:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:42:10PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> None of those groups are CVS ACL groups from what I remember.
>
> The members of some of those groups have cvsadmin, which is higher than
> provenpackager.  Being a part of those groups does not immediately grant
> you cvsadmin priviledges though.

So, what I am more or less proposing is that people in these groups
first try to become provenpackager and then can be in the cvsadmin group
based on another process. This would certainly add more transparency,
and allow to know who wants to do QA and help with security and
releng. Of course there are other processes, because access in cvs is
only part of the privileges needed by people in, say, releng, but
access in cvs is one of the required access.

It doesn't necessarily mean that people in these groups have to
be packagers, but that they follow roughly the same trust system
and go through the same gates when it makes sense, as is the case for
the cvs access.

--
Pat