Explicit rpm requires

Matthew D Truch matt at truch.net
Tue Mar 10 22:02:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 01:43:05PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 16:18 -0400, Matthew D Truch wrote:
> >
> > How do I find out the version number of a something I build-require
> > during the build?
>
> A better question is why isn't rpm auto-requiring the level of
> specificness you need on this package?  RPM now does pkg-config level
> requirements which should be as specific as you need it.

Because I don't know how to tell rpm to do that.

The problem is that cfitsio internally insists that the version you
compile with is identically the version you're running against.  So I
was manually putting in kst-fits (which depends on cfitsio) the explicit
requires of the cfitsio version it was compiled against.  Without that,
rpm would have just done the libcfitsio.so.0 dependancy (but cfitsio
people don't bump the soname every time).

--
"Ice Cream has no bones."
matt at truch.net
http://matt.truch.net/