PLEASE READ: provenpackager reseed

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Mar 10 22:13:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:34:53AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> >Wouldn't it be better if secondary arch group member gained their rights
> >through the provenpackager process, instead of through another process?
> >
> >And same for releng, security, and QA members?
>
> No, because provenpackager is not at the same permission level as those.

Ok, coming back at that level of the thread, because I was lost afterwards.

What I am saying is that people interested in releng, in secondary arch,
in QA, in security may want to become provenpackager even if they have
not gained the trust of the inner infras/releng circles. That way they can
help for stuff relevant for one of these fields without being fully
involved with infras/releng. For example, fix broken deps, FTBFS, specs for
build on secondary arches, do security stuff, without being formally in
one of those groups.

--
Pat